Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Another Painting Shot.

Ignore the glare.
Critique was....eh. It started out by my teacher "picking on me" because why would I choose to put a head on the Venus de Milo but not arms? Well, art historian, because the original Venus de Milo has a head. Awkward. Then someone in my class said "It's just a naked chick" which seemed a little rude, but she came up to me after class and said it was a compliment, more of a sarcastic comment toward the teacher. Because yes, she has a head. My teacher of course asked about the long neck, which I was prepared for, I wrote an accompanying paper on all of the artistic decisions I made. So, that's about it.


On a lighter note, I decided to submit a painting to Spectrum 17. I found a call for submissions, and the deadline is January 22nd. I will have all of winter break and a large portion of January to finish it up, but first I need to figure out what I should paint. It wasn't such a great critique.

No comments:

Post a Comment