Friday, July 9, 2010

Selena Gomez's "Round & Round"

Yesterday I was watching the Disney channel with my niece as I often do, trying to tune it out for the most part. But as I looked up to see Selena Gomez's new music video, I was shocked to see that the video was filmed...why, where else but Budapest?? The video opens up on a shot overlooking the city, and then does a strange fast zoom in on Parliament. Upon seeing this I exclaimed "Oh my God, that's Budapest!" No one really believed me since the rest of the video is mostly just close ups of Selena singing and walking down streets. There are some nice brief shots of the Duna, Chain Bridge and Fisherman's Bastion however, but they go by too quickly. The rest of the video was spent wondering why one earth Selena Gomez was shooting a music video in Budapest of all places. And do you really think Disney would foot the bill for one music video abroad? Well, as it turns out, no. She is filming a movie there, so I suppose it was rather convenient to shoot a music video there as well.

Here's the video, for anyone who may be interested:



Though honestly, it's best watched muted...

No comments:

Post a Comment