Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Impressions of the Past




I have been thinking about the past a lot lately. Maybe this is because I have been looking through old photo albums, or recent changes in my life and those that I love, or the fact that I am graduating college in 5 short months. Probably all three combined. This is an old photo of me that I love, it was taken while I was having coffee at Cafe du Monde in New Orleans.

It seems to me a moment of perfect serenity, the soft warm light filtering in through the windows, the people all chattering around me. I can almost smell the chickory coffee and feel the warmth of freshly baked beignets.


1 comment:

  1. The real trick is to remain serene even in the midst of change and chaos. Not easy to do, but worth aspiring to, I think.

    ReplyDelete