Friday, August 14, 2009

Bread Pudding, Birthday Dinner

My Dad originally wanted to go to a New Orleans themed restaurant across town for his birthday dinner. The problem is, it went out of business. I had my high school graduation party there, and have very fond memories of it. It was something to appease my longing for New Orleans here in Albuquerque. They had the best bread pudding. So, my Dad instead requested that we make him some chocolate bread pudding for his birthday. I thought we should make an event of it, with Leah, myself and Ann (Grammy) all helping. It was very very fun and it turned out delicious. No recipe for now, as I don't have it, and there will be more than enough pictures to appease your sweet tooth:



My niece Leah cracked the eggs like a pro. She was amazing!


See? Grammy is grating chocolate in the background. We all had "jobs".


Leah then whisked the eggs at a furious pace! Do you see how hard she is concentrating?

This recipe required an obscene amount of bowls, each with its own little concoction. Leah wanted to try her hand at grating the baking chocolate.

She didn't quite have the strength to grate it all before it melted all over her little fingers!

Finally all of the mixtures are combined, and poured over the top of the cubed bread (which I did..).

After baking. It smelled amazing!!!

We also made a bourbon sauce.


Leah got to drink apple juice out of a tiny tiny wine glass, so that we could do a birthday toast. See that ketchup heart on her plate? I made that for her and then she refused to dip her chicken nuggets into it because the heart would be ruined! Too cute.


Cheers! Happy Birthday again, Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment