Thursday, August 6, 2009

A Relatively Crafty Saturday.

This Saturday I was overwhelmed but the sudden urge to craft, to make things. For the most part, I decided to use what I had (and hopefully finish up a lot of my half finished things...). I fixed, assembled, spray painted, gessoed, and more. I can check a few unfinished projects off of my list. I can also add a few more unfinished ones.


An unfinished box that I bought at Hobby Lobby. I'm going to oil paint it and then varnish it, for an amazing one of a kind purse. A work in progress.






A nest I had that I spray painted black. I have since put two black feathers on the underside. All that's left now is to attach it to a hair clip.





A pendant that I've had for about a year, finally put on a chain.

Other miscellaneous unfinished projects.

A crocheted bow that I made out of camel hair yarn that my mom brought me back from India, I just need to add a pin to the back of it.

Two dolls hands that I cut off in a recent sculpture I made, I need to made a sculpey top, paint white, and string on earrings.

Pretty wine corks that I've collected, need to put them on earring hooks.

Finally, A gorgeous filigree "gas mask" that I made in my metal working class. I thought that it is too pretty and I spent too much time sawing all of those little swirlies out that I need to make it useful. I was thinking that I would put it out a comb with some feathers, to wear as a fascinator in my hair.

So there you have it! I've made more work for myself (of course) but it was a good start. Looks like this fall is going to be awesome handmade accessory heavy. I had a dream last night that I was making some rose petal beads. I think I will attempt that this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment